What are Leasehold Improvements?
Leasehold improvements are changes made by the property owner or leaseholder to customize a space to the particular needs of a tenant. These are also known as tenant improvements or build-outs.
These are changes that include, but are not limited to:
- Installing partitions
- Flooring modifications
- Installing custom light fixtures
Buildings with modern electrical installations can also benefit from leasehold improvements. At Langstaff and Sloan Inc, we help you make your space not only electrically safe but also comfortable and convenient. We evaluate your existing electrical system before you move your family or employees into your new space.
Moving into a New Location
When moving into a new space, ask yourself the following questions:
- Do you have adequate lighting? If not, adding extra overhead lighting or a spare outlet for a lamp may be a good idea.
- Do you have network wiring for computers, board rooms, server rooms, or anywhere that needs internet access?
- For commercial spaces, does your workforce use assigned desks, or do you use hot-desking?
- How often does your staff count fluctuate each day?
Whether it’s a simple service call or your needs require a General contractor, we can help. You can expect nothing but professional assistance from our talented staff:
- Prompt communication during regular business hours. Our team is ready to cater to your calls and make efficient follow-ups.
- Written quotations that are detailed and itemized to help you make the right decisions.
- Strong teamwork when engaging with General Contractors and all other trades
- Project Management that is complete and experience-based.
- Accessible communication with upfront answers
Building Electrical Installations
Finding the “perfect” location for your home and business is quite a feat. Choosing the ideal combination of distance, neighborhood, amenities, and structure is a delicate balancing act.
Let’s look at the elements of the structure. There’s a chance that your new building’s electrical system will require changes in order to satisfy your needs. Typically, you may need to make electrical changes that fulfill Ontario code guidelines.
Langstaff and Sloan is a group of electrical contractors in Toronto that serves communities across the GTA. Contact us today, and we’ll be happy to check on your building’s electrical system!
Knob & Tube Wiring
For over fifty years, knob and tube wiring has been North America’s standard practice for electrical installations. Both knobs and tubes were made of ceramic and provided a variety of functions such as:
- Protecting wires as they passed through studs.
- Allowing for changes in wire direction.
- Adding structural support to longer runs of wire.
But knob and tube wiring isn’t a good choice for modern business installations. It is better to consider upgrading to an electrical system that can handle your needs and not put you in danger. Otherwise, you may run into potential issues such as:
- Insulation restrictions
- Insurance policy compliance
- Higher servicing costs
Additionally, the lack of grounding conducting (or “third prong”) can be a major downside. A lot of modern appliances depend on this and will not safely fit an outlet without a ground wire.
Leasehold Improvements by Langstaff & Sloan
Langstaff and Sloan is your top choice for leasehold improvements in Toronto. Our years of experience will allow us to do a thorough inspection of your electrical system before recommending the best options. Contact our team today!Call 416 503-2033