Electricians in Etobicoke
Do you need to find a trusted electrician in Etobicoke to help you with residential or commercial electrical work? Langstaff and Sloan is your top choice.
We provide high-quality, professional electrical services. Our licensed electricians in Etobicoke prioritize safety when completing their work and can handle all your electrical needs, from electrical panel services to installing additional outlets, replacing knob and tube wiring, and more.
Langstaff and Sloan provides commercial and residential electrical services at competitive rates. We have extensive knowledge and experience in all areas of electrical work, including being well versed in green and innovative technologies.
Some of our residential electrical services are:
- Diagnostic service calls: You can rely on our team’s experience and expertise to troubleshoot, diagnose, and address your electrical issues. Our hours of operation are 8 a.m. to 5 p.m. Monday to Friday. Connect with us for electrical repair services in Etobicoke.
- Knob and tube rewiring: This older wiring was once an effective solution, however, today it can become overloaded by the needs of modern electrical equipment and appliances. Knob and tube replacement is our speciality at Langstaff & Sloan and we’ll take ownership of the patching required to repair holes made by the wiring replacement.
- Renovation wiring: From small projects to large renovations, we have your electrical needs covered. If your space has already been renovated, you can also connect with us to have a second look by our licensed electrical contractors. We’ll ensure everything is safe and up to code so that you have peace of mind and can avoid potential issues with insurance claims.
- Electrical panel upgrades: If you’re renovating or if your current electrical panel cannot meet your home’s needs, it may be time for an upgrade. Our residential electricians in Etobicoke will assess your needs to determine if you require additional circuit breakers for your existing box or a subpanel to expand the box. No matter your situation, our goal is to ensure your panel safely supports your home’s electrical needs.
- Whole home assessments: This assessment will provide you with an in-depth look at the electrical system for your home. Whether you need this information for insurance reasons or to ensure your home is safe and in compliance, our team is available to support you. The assessment includes analyzing the circuit load for each individual circuit; checking for loose, corroded, or damaged connections; verifying that all receptacles have the proper polarity; and ensuring all circuits are properly grounded.
- Aluminum rewiring or repair: We’re happy to discuss your options when it comes to fixing aluminum wiring in your home. This may include repairing the wiring or fully replacing the wiring. Reach out to our qualified electricians to learn more and request a quote.
- Smart home wiring: Reach out to us to discuss your smart home wiring needs.
- Basic repairs: For additional repairs and services, connect with our friendly team and request a quote.
Some of our commercial electrical services are:
- Submetering: Connect with us if you’re looking to introduce individual metering in a high-rise apartment, condominium complex, or commercial building. We have experience in all aspects of this project, including design and electrical layout, coordination and communication with tenants and property managers, installation of the system, and arrangement of permits.
- New and retrofit lighting: Consider this smart business decision to take advantage of numerous benefits. This may include reducing energy and maintenance costs, improving performance, improving health and safety, and demonstrating corporate social responsibility. Our commercial electricians in Etobicoke are available to support your new and retrofit lighting projects.
- Lease hold improvements: If you’re customizing a space to meet the needs of a tenant, connect with us. We’ll evaluate the current electrical system and work to make the space electrically safe as well as comfortable and convenient.
- Service calls: Connect with us for support in troubleshooting, diagnosing, and solving your electrical issues. Our hours of operation are 8 a.m. to 5 p.m. Monday to Friday.
We have more than 30 years of experience in this business, capable of handling your various electrical needs. If you have concerns other than what is listed above, feel free to contact our electricians in Etobicoke for more information! With experience in both the residential and commercial fields, our team is the only one you need for all your electrical needs.
Is It Time for A New Electrical Panel?
While we can assist you with all types of electrical needs, we often get contacted by homeowners who are concerned about their electrical panel box. Most often located in the basement of your home, your electrical panel connects the main power line to your home and distributes electrical currents throughout your space.
However, when not working well, you may notice:
- Flickering lights.
- Circuit breakers tripping frequently.
- A buzzing or cracking near outlets or light switches.
- A burning smell coming from your electrical wiring.
Another reason you may need an electrical panel upgrade is as the result of an addition or renovation. Many Etobicoke homeowners choose to upgrade their homes, but you need to be sure that your current electrical panel can withstand additional needs. Things like adding a hot tub, renovating a kitchen with additional appliances, building an extra room, or finishing the basement can all put extra pressure on your electrical panel.
A panel that’s overcapacity is a fire hazard. Langstaff & Sloan can work with you to assess the current state of your electrical panel and provide guidance on the best way to ensure your home safely has the power it needs.
Why Should I Hire a Professional Electrician in Etobicoke?
With a focus on safety, the licensed electricians at Langstaff & Sloan are committed to ensuring your home’s electrical wiring is as efficient and functional as possible.
Knowledge and Experience
Electrical service is a specialized field, and not everyone can have practical knowledge about it. Licensed electricians in Etobicoke have the knowledge and experience to get the job done. Their experience allows them to analyze a situation and provide the necessary solutions when it comes to electrical panels, commercial wiring, and electrical code regulations.
Save Time and Money
Hiring a professional means having someone who has the right tools and equipment to complete a job. This saves you time and money instead of getting all those equipment yourself.
Getting unauthorized services may cause further damages or, worse, danger in your home or office. A professional will know what to do the first time. This means avoiding unnecessary expenses and having to eventually contact a licensed electrical contractor to finish the job.
A professional electrician in Etobicoke always puts safety as their top priority. They have safety protocols that they are required to follow and know-how to ensure work is completed in accordance with guidelines provided by the Electrical Safety Authority.
Because electrical services can be dangerous, proper training is needed to ensure the process is done safely. For this reason, it is best to let a professional do the work for you.When you know your electrical panel was serviced by a licensed professional, you’ll feel more confident in the safety of your home.
Langstaff & Sloan – Trusted Electricians in Etobicoke
Our team at Langstaff and Sloan is committed to helping local residents get high-quality electrical services. Our goal is to provide the best service at reasonable prices while keeping safety as our top priority. Whether you need assistance at your home or office, we strive to provide professional services with as little disruption as possible.
We always make sure to provide a written and detailed quote that itemizes the list of costs for your approval. Our staff is also available to provide answers to your questions. Once settled, we’ll guide you through choosing the best decisions based on your specific needs.
Choosing the right electrician in Etobicoke can go a long way towards increasing your home’s value and improving your safety and comfort! Contact us today to learn more about our services.
Frequently Asked Questions
If you notice the following symptoms, it is time to call an electrician: seeing sparks when an outlet is used, overcrowded outlets, flickering lights, your home is 25 years or older, there are no safety switches, you’re looking into installing new lighting sources, or the fuses in your home are unreliable. Other reasons Langstaff and Sloan Inc is called into a home are diagnostic service calls, knob and tube rewiring, renovation wiring, electrical panel upgrades, whole-home assessments, smart home wiring, and so much more. If you’re looking into any of these improvements, we are happy to lend a helping hand in making your home safe and secure.
If you have knowledge of electricity and wiring, or you have previous experience working as an electrician, then you are likely able to install basic electrical wiring on your own. However, we still encourage you to have an electrician in Etobicoke visit your home to verify that the work you completed is safe and optimal. If you do not have experience or knowledge, then we strongly advise against attempting to complete any electrical installation on your own, as it can cause injury or damage.
The right electrician in Etobicoke is one that is licensed, professional, and experienced. They know how to diagnose your problem and solve it as effectively and efficiently as possible. Choosing the right electrician is an obstacle that many homeowners must accomplish at some point, but Langstaff and Sloan Inc is here to make it simple. We offer residential and commercial electrical services, and our licensed electricians prioritize safety when completing their assigned work.
Yes, all redundant wiring must be removed. When you come across wiring that is no longer essential or necessary to your home’s electrical system, the safest practice is to remove it. Whether it is from a light or an outlet that has been removed, or previous owners did their best to hide old wires behind drywall, these wires can be extremely dangerous. If you’re unsure how to remove these wires, give us a call and we will send a contractor to your house in Etobicoke as soon as possible.
If you’ve finished a new electrical installation, it is a great idea to bring in a licensed electrician to vet your work and ensure that all safety measures were taken. They will confirm whether the installation is safe or provide assistance to make it so. To know if your electrical systems are continually safe, it is smart to conduct yearly safety checks. Testing your outlets with a “cube” or “block” tester, visually inspecting all exposed wiring for cracks, splits, or rodent damage, or doing a voltage test to ensure consistent readings are all excellent ways to keep a safe and secure home.